Wednesday, September 15, 2010

After School


K, so my whole life I have looked forward to the whole after school routine with my kids... that and doing their hair. Baahaha....
ANYWAY....


I have always thought I would have some baked deliciousness coming right out of the oven upon their arrival. Or even better, some kind of health snack cleverly disguised as a funny face or fun shape... most likely coinciding with the color/shape/ letter/ number they learned that day.
While they are consuming their After School Treat we would discuss their day. Kids at school, teachers, curriculum, likes, dislikes, etc. Then I would get them all cleaned up and have a nice snuggle with them. After that we would check the chore chart and get that all taken care of then sit down for homework time. Playtime while I cook dinner and then baths, teeth brushed, song, scripture, prayer and into bed for a bedtime story. Lights out and looking forward for the next day to start.


Anyway, I really did spend lots of time planning this all out. Can you tell?


The time has finally come.


So.......



I totally suck at it.

See that green bowl? It has microwave popcorn in it. Seriously, Megan... that's all you got? LAME!
Seconds after arriving home from school my kids want to play at the neighbors house. which is just fine.. it's just that that is not supposed to happen until I start cooking dinner.

Anyway, I really am mad at myself for not being more of the mom I thought I would be.
The sad (uber lame) thing is... I have the time. I have the stuff and the ability... but I just don't do it.

I am currently averaging about 50% of the things on my ideal plan. I would be happy with 80%. I need to step it up! I can do it... I just need to DO IT.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You learned the ideal from me right? Ahhh, the realities of motherhood. But the love is there.

Emily said...

dont be too hard on yourself! you're doing a FABULOUS job!

Hapa Mama said...

Mom~ yes, most of those idea come from you

Em~ thanks!