Sunday, September 26, 2010

"BE QUIET & GO TO BED!"

It's official, I have turned into my mom.

I'll explain....

I remember my mom pounding on the floor at night to let us chatty giggling girls know it was time to go to bed. When that didn't settle us down she would let out a, "BE QUIET!" and that would scare us to death...but soon we would forget how scared we were and start it all up again. Then she would come down and give us a good spank.
One night after all that we still wouldn't settle down so she got us all out of bed and had us do chores. I remember crying as I was standing over the downstairs toilet with a scrub brush thinking... why didn't I just go to bed??????????


So last week, I did all of this short of pounding on the floor....because we don't have a downstairs. So I added an extra few yells of, "BE QUIET" in place of the pounds.

So after i did everything I pulled them out of bed to and had them start to clean. They loved it. Yes, I said LOVED IT. I was miffed but also pretty happy because all of my nightly jobs were getting done. They tidy their room, wiped down walls, organized shoes, took out the trash, vacummed and on and on. Even Lilia clean the toys in her Harry Potter room (She sleeps in our closet:).
It was getting late and the boys had school in the morning. I put an end to the child labor and sent them to bed, AGAIN.

Nothing had worked. I was so mad, I had been looking forward to my Mom time all day and finally I couldn't standing it.
I ripped Nifae out of the bed (since he really needed to go to bed for school ). I put him on the couch in the front room and put Lilia on my bed, which left O in the room alone. I stood in the hall and told them if they didn't close their mouths and go to bed that I would make Nifae sleep outside and let the coyotes come and eat him.
Wow~ that's pretty messed up. My mom would have never said something like that.

Anyway, it was quiet for a really long time. When I went to check on them this is what I saw.







After seeing them the guilt set in and I couldn't figure out how I could be so mean. Oh, motherhood. It's not for the weak.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: