Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dinner

How do you do it?

Tommy grew up doing it buffet style on paper plates. I grew up sitting around the table with real plates.
Some nights we do it his way other nights we do it my way.
Either way is great so what do you do?


I love dinner time, who doesn't? We play High Low every dinner. It's where you share the high part of your day and the low part. Over the year it has evolved since my kids don't really get what you mean when you say, "What is the high point in your day?"
So really , we play the kids version.
"What was the best part of your day? What was the worst part of your day?"
It can get pretty interesting. You never know what is going to stand out to your kids.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

We usually eat with real plates at the table. That comes with all diets stamp of approval. (slows snacking.)
However, if we have a movie night or something fun, we watch downstairs. I just bought two of those over the lap tv trays from Savers. I guess I gave in and would rather have a safer place for the kids food instead of falling off the upside down laundry basket.

At dinner we talk about all kinds of interesting things. It is sometimes lecture time too but it has to be done.