Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hurricane East Stake Girls Camp 2011

I got called as the Assistant Camp Director last spring and had a great time planning such a fun event for the YW. I was nervous because, being fairly new to the ward, I didn't know the girls or many of their families. But that is what is so sweet about Girls Camp! It is like a spiritual boot camp. When i left up the mountain I was sleep deprived and stress to the max with all the planning that goes into this. Also, at that time there was so much drama going on with Tommy's family AGAIN and it was taking it's toll on me. Once I got up on the mountain it all seemed to float away. The girls taught me so much about keeping an eternal perspective and helped me realize that everything they were planning for and hoping for, I had. So grateful for my eternal family and for the importunity I get to serve in this church so that I can show the Lord how much I love and appreciate all that He does for me. This was one of the biggest Spiritual Highs of my life not to mention SO MUCH FUN!

Daughters of a King!
June 2011
Posted by Picasa

No comments: